The Oak Bay Guest House is taking all necessary precautions to ensure our guests, employees and community remain safe.
In the interest of public health and excellence in our service, we are taking action. To best prevent the spread of the virus, we are monitoring the daily updates and following the regulations set forth by the Government and the Ministry of Public Health. We are also putting in place our own Covid-19 Safety Plan.
In order to make your stay with us both safe and relaxing – following are some guidelines when entering the Guest House:
- Sanitize hands at dispenser in entryway
- Minimize touching of any surfaces
- If you need to sneeze or cough, please do so into your shoulder or elbow
- Respect social distancing where ever possible (6 feet/2 meters)
- Remember to hand wash whenever possible (20 seconds)
Our Staff is here to ensure you have an enjoyable and stress free experience at the Oak Bay Guest House:
- We offer contactless check in/ check out
- There will always be someone available to help or answer questions via texting, e.mail, cell phone or appropriately distanced personal communication (you are not alone!)
- Increased frequency of cleaning practices in high traffic areas and busy touch points
- A staff trained in infection control and risk mitigation
We no longer offer daily cleaning for rooms, but will provide replacement towels and amenities as necessary.
Rooms will be allowed to “rest” between guests with a minimum of 48 hours between stays. This will allow for a thorough and deep clean and disinfect between guests.
Some changes at the Guest House include:
- Removing the self serving water stations in the Lobby and Guest Lounge
- Regular sanitizing of the front desk, common areas and all touch points
- Disinfecting of all room keys when returned
We kindly ask all guests to:
- Please maintain a distance of 6 feet/2 meters from all other guests for everyone’s wellbeing
- If you become ill and have recently visited our property, please let us know so appropriate measures can be taken
- If you do not feel well, we ask that you please delay your visit and encourage you to reschedule when you are feeling better
We appreciate your co-operation and understanding in these matters – we are all in this together. In the words of Dr. Bonnie Henry:
“Be Calm, Be Kind, Be Safe”
Oak Bay Guest House
1052 Newport Avenue,
Victoria, BC, V8S 5E3
Tel: 250 598-3812
Fax: 250 598-0369
Toll Free: 1 800 575_3812
firstname.lastname@example.org (reservations and general enquiries)